How Far Along: 36 weeks!
(Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.)
Size of baby: Around 20 inches long and weighs 6 pounds (a crenshaw melon)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1.5 pounds this week, so I'm up 27 pounds.
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! Emery Katherine!
Movement: Still all the time, but I can tell she's getting more crammed in there. The doctor this week said she's DEFINITELY HEAD DOWN-- YES!!
What I miss: Being active, able to breathe and having more energy at night.
Sleep: Still sleeping fantastic, I feel really blessed about this!
Symptoms: Left rib pain, acid reflux and a tight lower back if I'm on my feet a lot. I've been very emotional this week too, my hormones must be changing like crazy. We were watching American Idol one night and I looked at Kyle and just started crying. There was absolutely nothing wrong, I just felt like I needed to cry for some reason. WEIRD. Also I've been getting a sharp nerve pain coming out of my groin down my inner thigh. It's impossible to walk when it happens so I just stop, stretch and then it goes away.
Notes: Had a wonderful doctors appointment yesterday. I think the most exciting news is that I am 1 cm dilated! I know you can stay like that for a while, but since I haven't felt any braxton hicks yet it was exciting to find out that my body is preparing. My blood pressure was 112/70 which is great news and her heart beat was in the 140's like usual. The Dr. tested for Strep B as well this week.
"To-do" items checked off our list:
- Bathroom project is officially done!
- Nursery is officially decorated and organized-- a huge thank you to mom! (Hung curtains, frames, shelving, name banner, organized closet and baskets, and washed clothes)
- Bassinet, pack n play, swing, and bouncy seat are built!
- Bassinet, pack n play, swing, and bouncy seat are built!
- Diaper bag is packed -- working on the hospital bag this weekend!
Best Moments this week: Having mom in town and going to my Georgia Shower! What a great weekend it was. AND our bathroom project is FINALLY done so Kyle and I can officially relax!
What we are looking forward to:
- Our breastfeeding class tonight. We also have our newborn basics class this coming Tuesday, but unfortunately Kyle has to travel so I will be going by myself and taking lots of notes for the both of us!
- Going and buying the few necessities at BRU and Target that we still need. There are not many things, and we are so grateful for that!!
- Getting our car seat & bases installed and checked this weekend.
- Valentines day celebration! Kyle has something up his sleeve, I just know it :)
And here's the 36 week belly shot!


11 comments:
so exciting!!! i hope your hospital bag is packed!! :)
Yep, starting to show!!
Once again have no idea what a crenshaw melon is, but she is growing for sure! Love that you two can relax and rest up for the big day now that all the major projects are finished. You are just glowing in that picture - beautiful!
You look so good! I'm so excited to meet Emery soon!!!!
I hope the next few weeks continue to be great for you! Not much longer!!!
You look beautiful! :)
Love the belly shot, you look so cute!
Leah, you look good!!!
This brings back memories...I'm so excited for you!
Oh I love that shirt on you! You are glowing for sure! I can't believe you are 1 month away! Wowza!!!
How was the class!? My coworker went to that one too! I hope it was helpful! So sad that you are having acid reflux...but slushies sound great! You look beautiful!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!