Friday, February 11, 2011

Emery's Nursery is finished!

It's such a great feeling to finally be done in the nursery, not only with decorating but having everything washed and organized!  Pictures don't do it justice, so you'll just have to come visit and see it yourself :)

View from the door... looks a little crowded but once in the room you have plenty of space!
I love how the strip turned out behind the crib!  Lacey and I painted the wall white, then on the edges painted light aqua dots.  I think it frames the artwork perfectly and adds a lot of height to the room!
At some point we are going to put Emery's newborn photos in these frames.  But until then I had to come up with another solution!  I made little animals that each begin with a letter of Emery's initials.  So left to right it's: E for Elephant, K for Kangaroo, and G for Giraffe  (EKG = Emery Katherine Guenther).  I really like how they turned out!
I was so excited to be able to put up the curtains that we ordered from my "sister in law" Allison!  They turned out just beautiful!!
The material has an earthy feel to it which I love, and then the edging has all these fun puff balls of matching thread to make it girly.  Love the pleats at the top!
I finally found a side table for next to the glider.  It'll be nice to have something to hold a drink, phone, lamp, etc on!
In the corner that you can't see is the armoire!  I was so excited that we were able to reuse this for the nursery instead of buying another piece of furniture, and it matches great!  We have it completely stuffed with clothes, can't wait to put Emery in them!
See I told you!  Thank you Tara and Brooke for all the hand me downs!
Here is what the changing table looks like.  We are still debating what to put on the shelf but for now this is how it's looking!  Love that we found a spot for Emery's name banner!
We bought cabinet knobs and screwed them into the wall to hold the banner.  Love it!
      We couldn't be more happy with how everything looks.  Yeah for being done a month early!

29 comments:

Lauren & Justin said...

adorable! can't wait to come snuggle Miss E in that rocker :) You're in the home stretch... YAY! love you!

Lauren said...

Oh my word it looks good and you are so organized it stresses me out! :)

Sara said...

love everything about it!! it looks like absolute perfection. :)

so nice that you have an armoire AND a closet. plenty of storage!

it's beautiful, awesome job!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Wow, Leah it looks so adorable! You guys did a great job! I love just everything in the room. You are so creative! Emery is going to love her room.

Rachel said...

Girlfriend, that nursery is SO beautiful! I am seriously impressed. Love the colors, and it's so classy and elegant. Now all you need is that sweet little bundle of joy to complete it :)

Kelly said...

So cute!!!!

jill said...

absolutely adorable! now the waiting game begins.

Holly and Chris said...

Amazing! It looks like something out of a magazine! Now that you finished your's...want to come over and do mine? :)

Mindy said...

Oh Leah, this is absolutely beautiful! It is SO you and SO perfect! Fab, FaB, FAB!

Molly said...

Leah, I love it! Shoot, are you sure you're not secretly an interior designer?? It looks so beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person! One month to go!!

Jen said...

It looks fantastic! Love everything about it.

Rachel and John said...

Amazing!! It's so beautiful! She's going to love it. It's so calming.

Holly said...

I agree - I think you are a secret interior designer! You do such great and creative work! Love Emery's nursery! Great job!

Lacey said...

It looks AMAZING!! You did such a great job on the nursery, everything looks perfect!!

Lynsey said...

It looks beautiful! Emery is one lucky girl. I love how organized you are.

Big EZ said...

Perfect. I will have the photography from "Baby Home Illustrated" come right over. It looks wonderful! I can't believe all the outfits that little 'e' has already! I can just see Kyle hanging the curtains, pictures, banners, shelves, etc. Guys just love to hang stuff (not!). I can't wait to see it in person in about a month. Come on little 'e'! She is going to absolutely love her new room. Love you kiddo!

Linda said...

Wow, what a transformation from the mess we had spread all over the place on Saturday night! It turned out absolutely beautiful Sweetie...all it needs now is that sweet baby Emery!

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, Leah! I LOVE IT!!!! And you know what: It looks just like that "dream nursery" that you showed me back at Thanksgiving? The colors, the strip, everything! I'm so glad that you went with a different bedding, in the colors you wanted, and that you have everything up! I love the EKG animals, the curtains, the side table, the armoire...EVERYTHING! It is great!!!!

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh, I am in love with this nursery! I love how the colors could be used for a girl or boy and yet all the girly touches make it very feminine. Absolutely Lovely!:)

Jenn & David said...

GORGEOUS! Enough said... :)

Holly and Chris said...

Hey, where did you find the side table by the glider? We are looking for one. Also, where did you get your armoire? It is nice!! We are done organizing...we just haven't finished decorating.

Mary Lindsey said...

This should be in a magazine!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dots on the wall. You are going to be such a wonderful mommy...all this nursery need now is Miss Emery!

Allison Reid said...

Leah- you did such a great job! Love, love LOVE the painted strip with the dots- what a great idea and it worked out so well! So glad you love the curtains. :)The room looks warm, welcoming and serene- perfect!
Can't wait to meet baby Emery and to see you again soon!
Love you!
Allison

Bonnie Widmaier said...

it looks so good! i love all the little details. it came together beautifully. great job

Jillian said...

So so beautiful!

Allison said...

It's so cute! You did a great job!

Cathy and Marshall said...

Leah, it looks awesome! I wish I knew you in real life so I could see it in person :) My favorite is the white strip with the dots above the crib - such a neat touch. Good luck with everything - can't wait to see pictures of sweet Emery when she arrives!

Sarah said...

This is adorable and so pretty! :) You did such a great job decorating! I wish I could decorate like that!! :)

Brenda said...

It's amazing how talented and creative you are Leah! I absolutely LOVE everything you and Kyle have done in the nursery. I am sooo excited to see your baby girl blessing in her fabulous room! xoxox

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails