Friday, February 18, 2011

Girl Time!

Yesterday, our department at work had a bonding outing and it was so much fun.  We do this a couple times a year, our last one was when we went to the corn maze.  Anyways, they were all sweet enough to bump up our outing so I could attend, since I only have 2 more weeks of work before I am out on maternity leave. (WHAT?!)

We headed to our FAVORITE Italian restaurant, Ippolitos (Tara we are definitely taking you here when you come!).  I think I ate the largest meal of my entire pregnancy, and it was amazing.  After lunch it was time to get our nails done!  Donna, Jen and I all chose to get pedicures and Lacey chose a manicure.  It was such a treat to sit in the massaging chairs, while getting your feet pampered!  Especially since I can't paint my toe nails right now even if I wanted to!  I took all these pictures with my phone, but they still document the day well!
At one point we looked over and Lacey was wrapped up like she had 2 broken arms.  Hilarious!
And the final outcome!
 
I am so thankful to work for such a great company that encourages bonding activities.  Most importantly I have an unbelievable boss and get to work with my some of my best friends... can't complain!

8 comments:

Nick said...

maaaaaaaaaaaan is this place hiring? never had a pedicure but I like italian food and am down to work!!!

ps - i have no skills, probably should get that out of the way right up front

Lacey said...

I had so much fun! I can't believe you go on maternity leave in 2 weeks!!! I'm going to miss you!!! But I'm so excited to meet little Emery!

Linda said...

What a treat for all of you, but especially a momma who can't touch her toes very well and might have achy feet if she stands too long! And Ippolitos...YUM right up your alley!

Tara said...

Yes ma'am! Let's make reservations!!! I'm in :) You know me and Italian :)

Can't believe that you only have 2 more weeks. What a wonderful workplace that encourages these fun bonding times. And I love that you all got your nails done too! Yes, what a treat for you to have pretty toes before having a baby!!!!

Love you!

Jen said...

I LOVE Ipp! I am actually going there tomorrow night with some friends. :) It is my go-to italian restaurant and where I take all of my out-of-town guests/coworkers.

Jen
www.1creativemomma.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I want to come work where you work!! :)

What a nice thing your company does!! I can't believe you only have 2 more weeks!!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

will you be going back to work after baby comes? i thought of you the other day. dave and the kids got me something from the local jewelry store for valentines day and it came with a free gift. on the back of the box i saw the little kate aspen logo and thought of you. it was little heart shaped measuring spoons. cute.

Meredith said...

Seriously, said it before but I'll say it again - I need your job!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails