14 days till our due date and only 6 more days of work! Oh my goodness time is flying by and we are progressing (check notes section below!)
**For those of you who we called/texted in a panic yesterday for advice, Kyle has officially decided NOT to go to Puerto Rico today. His boss was so understanding, and we just didn't want to chance Kyle not being here if I were to go into labor. Our doctor will be relieved I'm sure! **
**For those of you who we called/texted in a panic yesterday for advice, Kyle has officially decided NOT to go to Puerto Rico today. His boss was so understanding, and we just didn't want to chance Kyle not being here if I were to go into labor. Our doctor will be relieved I'm sure! **
How Far Along: 38 weeks!
(Your baby has really plumped up. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
(Your baby has really plumped up. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Size of baby: Around 6.8 pounds and 20 inches. (Like a leek)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 2 pound this week, so I've officially hit 30 pounds up. The big 3-0...
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! Emery Katherine!
Movement: All the time but she has totally run out of room. My stomach is hard as a rock everywhere now!
What I miss: Being able to sit up from a reclining position, it's so hard!
Sleep: Sleeping GREAT and am so thankful for this!
Symptoms: Acid reflux (like I can't even bend over without feeling it burn!), tight lower back and heels hurting if I'm on my feet a lot. The sharp nerve pain coming out of my groin down my inner thigh is happening more frequently too even when I'm sitting.
Notes: We went to my doctors appointment yesterday and I have progressed! I am now 50% effaced and almost 2 cm dilated. Kyle and I have both predicted from the start that she was going to come early, so we'll see! I still don't think that I have felt any contractions yet but she thinks that I have definitely had some braxton hicks. Belly button is still holding tight as an innie and no stretch marks yet.
"To-do" items checked off our list:
- Kyle's and my hospital bags are packed!
- Carseat is inspected
- Nurses goodie bags are packed
- All thank you notes have been written and sent out today!
- FINALLY nailed down a pediatrician
- Completely filled out Emery's baby book as much as we can (until the birth page). Love it!
Cravings: Chocolate covered strawberries (I made them last weekend!), chips, nachos, really anything salty. Kyle thinks it's hilarious that I'm hungry all the time.
Best Moments this week: Spending quality time with Ky over last weekend and getting the final things done on our list!
What we are looking forward to: Another relaxing weekend in town!
Here is my belly shot for 38 weeks...




14 comments:
Yay!!! 38 weeks!!! You are so close!
i need leeks to make my omi's vegetable soup, and honestly i didn't know what they looked like. so now i know! :) hahah.
you look so beautiful and i'm so excited that she could come any time now!!!
2 weeeeeeeks!!!!!
Wow, she's almost here! So exciting! Leah, the baby book is so precious. Emery is going to love it!
You have such a cute baby bump! It's so exciting to read these weekly updates.p
you look so beautiful! You are just all baby! I think she is going to be here soon, too. I keep checking your blog each morning to see if you have made any announcement! Do you have twitter? If so, what is your name?
Love you and am praying for you!!
ML
i hope i look like you when i'm that pregnant! you look great!
You look amazing!!! She's almost here!
You look great, Leahbeah! I love that dress on you and am so excited that you are progressing, that Kyle didn't leave the country, and that Emery will be here soon!!!!! Wahoo!
PS. Love her baby book. I cherish the one that mom made for me, and so I've enjoyed doing the same thing for my kids. I know she will love hers too!
I cannot get over how beautiful you look! You can only tell you're pregnant in your belly---I so hope I'll be that way, but I know good and well I'll be pregnant allll over. I know you're getting SO excited...not long until you're holding that sweet baby girl in your arms :)
I can't believe she's almost here!! I LOVE the baby book! And I can't wait to see the nursery and all the changes you've made to your house this weekend! p.s. you're the cutest pregnant mom ever
Just look at that basketball bump! You KNOW your momma is relieved that Kyle will be closeby, but definately hoping Emery waits a bit. Whenever she decides to make her appearance, we will jump in the car and come!! Love you!
I'm glad you won't have to worry about Kyle leaving town. So excited that you are so close now!
You look great! So happy you have so many items completed! You will make an amazing mommy! So organized!
It must feel great to have things checked off your list and be feeling and looking so good. Looking forward to hear that Emery has arrived!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!