Wednesday, February 16, 2011

37 Week Survey

WE ARE FULL TERM!!!  YESSSSSSSS!

How Far Along: 37 weeks!
(Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.  Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.)

Size of baby: Around 20 inches long and weighs 6 1/3 pounds (a stalk of Swiss Chard?) 
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1 pound this week, so I'm up 28 pounds.  I haven't stressed at all about my weight this entire pregnancy and I'm very proud of myself for how steady I've been able to gain.

Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!  Emery Katherine!

Movement: All the time, more just rolling and adjusting her position though.  It's so fascinating to me to watch my stomach move around and see lumps stick up in certain places.  One morning Kyle leaned over and kissed my stomach saying good morning to Emery, and just at that moment she kicked so hard right in that spot-- essentially kicking Kyle right in the mouth.  It was so funny.

What I miss: Being active without getting tired!

Sleep: Sleeping GREAT!  I'm definitely more tired lately, and am trying to get as much sleep as I can!

Symptoms: Left rib pain, acid reflux, tight lower back and heels hurting if I'm on my feet a lot.  The sharp nerve pain coming out of my groin down my inner thigh is happening more frequently too even when I'm sitting.  It only lasts a second though so no big deal.

Notes: Still no braxton hicks contractions.  Belly button is still holding tight as an innie and no stretch marks yet.  I went to the doctor this morning and I am still at 1 cm, which is actually great news since Kyle is traveling this week and next week.  So Emery please stay put for one more week so daddy can be there!

"To-do" items checked off our list: 
- Car seat, mirrors, and shade are installed!  We are getting the car seat inspected at an office down the road this weekend as our hospital doesn't offer that when we leave - weird right?  We couldn't find the right latches for the middle seat, so for right now it's on the back passenger side.  If they can show us this weekend how to get it in the middle then we'll switch!


- Had a HUGE shopping trip with Kyle this weekend and bought the rest of our necessities off of our registry with the 15% off coupon (monitor, pack n play sheets, medela stuff, lansinoh stuff, Emery's coming home outfit, nursing bra & pjs for me, burp cloths, gates, etc).  It all added up so fast close to $480!  Luckily with all of our merchandise credit and gift cards we paid a total of $10 out of our pockets.  We truly felt SO BLESSED for our friends who gave us those prepaid cards, what a relief that was.  It's great knowing that we won't have to buy anything else before she comes!
- Washed and put away everything we bought from our shopping trip. 
- Compiled all my hospital lists that I have gotten from friends, books and different websites and have started packing my hospital bag!
- Attended the Breastfeeding class last Thursday with Kyle.  We learned a lot of valuable tips for sure.
- Attended the Newborn Basics class by myself yesterday and had a great time.  It was really funny as we all had to hold babies the entire time.  Since I was the "single mom" in the group I had to find a baby sitter to watch my little girl while I went to the bathroom.  I knew mostly everything she told us but it was wonderful to have a trial run on everything!  Kyle and I are going to go over everything this weekend when he gets back so he can have a trial run too!
- Paid the "global fee" already for my OB so now the only bills we'll have to pay are from the hospital.  Luckily we set up our flex spending early this year so we won't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Cravings: Slushies and Doritos... I finally caved today and bought a bag!

Best Moments this week: Had the most amazing Valentines/ Babymoon weekend with Kyle.  Everything about it was perfect.

What we are looking forward to:  
- ANOTHER weekend in town :)  We really could get used to this, as it's the longest time we've ever stayed in Atlanta in the past 4 years of living here.  I think we are going on 4 weeks in a row!
- Getting our car seat inspected.
- Getting our hospital bags completely packed.

And here is a belly shot.  I'm so pale that my skin is literally translucent and you can see every vein there is.  You can see the difference between now and my 30 week picture here.  Tyson was probably wondering what on earth I was doing.

14 comments:

Tara said...

What a sweet, beautiful belly! I always joked that my tummy looked like a road map, because all the veins were so apparent!

Love the way the carseat looks with the mat, the shade, and the mirror! Turned out great together.

And I'm so glad that you were able to get all the remaining items off your baby registry too. I know that was a huge thing to get checked off your list!

So happy that you've made it this far and are doing great! I was at 37 weeks 1 day when Samuel and Samantha joined us :) And they were 7 lbs 4 oz and 6 lbs 10 oz... So who knows how big Miss Emery will be!!!! Can't wait to meet her!!! Love you!

Drea said...

I think you have one of the prettiest 37 week bellies ive ever seen! im serious.

Wont be long! Love the car seat pattern, so fun.

www.dreawood.com

Rachel and John said...

WOW! Full term! And how exciting that the car seat is IN your car. I can't wait to get our car seat and put it in. Love the one you chose!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Leah, your belly is so adorable and perfect looking! I'm so glad you got to buy the rest of the things off of your registry! I'm sure you feel much better having everything organized and ready to go for Emery. And the carseat is so cute! I love the print!

Kristin said...

How exciting! To be full term and get the last essentials from your registry, I am sure that feels wonderful :) Your belly is just adorable!

Mindy said...

Congratulations! I never made it to 37 weeks! Hope baby E waits until Kyle is back!

PS. Doritos...YUM!

Holly said...

You look great! So exciting that you are getting so close! And give into those cravings, you'll miss them when they are gone! Also, enjoy your belly so much these last few weeks...I SOOO miss mine! :(

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Isn't it crazy about the Latch system in the cars? I don't know why they don't put latches in the middle seat. For the first 9 months of Ruthie's life she was on the side, then when we got a new car, I used the inner latches on the side seats. I'd asked around and this was what everyone did. I thought it was so strange! Our hospital didn't inspect the carseat either for liability. Good job getting all that stuff done!Now you just can enjoy the remaining time! I remember almost instantly after giving birth all those aches and pains were gone. Even after childbirth I felt so much better than at 9 months pregnant! You look great (and this is really long ;-)!

Sara said...

seriously, swiss chard?? what in the world.

so glad that tummy butter has been doing it's job!

there will be a baby girl in that seat soon!! :)

Bonnie Widmaier said...

what a blessing to have to only spend $10 on all those goodies for you and baby.

your belly is so pretty. you are so brave. i was never brave enough to show my belly... however i gained 50lbs and my belly button was most def an OUTIE when i was pregnant. if it looked like yours i would have showed it off :)

praying for perfect timing, that emery will wait until kyle is in town but not so long that you get miserable.

Unknown said...

Yay for 37 weeks! You look GREAT and I love the belly pic! We just installed our car seat this week too! Isn't it neat to look behind you and see it?! I love it! And that's awesome that you were able to get the rest of your registry things! So excited for you guys!

Jenn & David said...

wahoo! Can't tell you how excited we are for you!

Kyle said...

Man I am lucky to be married to you...you are doing so well and I am so proud of you!

Linda said...

So proud of how organized you have been throughout your whole pregnancy and it makes it alot more real seeing that carseat in your car! The picture of your tummy is so very precious and a beautiful reminder of the One who created you so perfectly to house Emery. What a miracle...

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails