I knew I wasn't going to be the type of pregnant lady that enjoyed spending tons of money on baby gear and nursery furniture. But I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised with how easy it's been to find deals on some "essentials"! I by no means am the expert bargain shopper, but I'm proud of my work so far so I wanted to share.
Dutailier Sleigh Multiposition Recliner Glider and Ottoman with Nursing Stool
Amazing Craigslist find... glider still had the tags on it!
(Retails for around $800, bought for $225... Savings of $575)
Graco Lauren Crib & Changing Table
Black Friday deal at Target... buy the crib get the changing table for FREE!
(Savings of $90!)
Fisher Price Cradle n' Swing My Little Lamb
Craigslist find, brand new still in packaging. The lady had received 2 at a shower and I guess wanted to get cash instead of a store credit?!
(Retails for $160, bought for $100... Savings of $60)
Sealy Crib Mattress
Target Clearance Aisle, newer model had come in but the ratings were still great on this one
(Retails for $105, bought for $50... Savings of $55)
Graco Car Seat Base -- an extra to keep in Kyle's car
Craigslist find
(Retails for $50, bought for $15... Savings of $35)
Pampers Wipes, 702 count case
Amazon mom & Amazon subscribe & save deal
**If you all haven't signed up for amazon mom yet do it now! Free 2 day shipping, 30% off essentials, and good email offers**
(Retails for $20, bought for $12... Savings of $8)
Just with the couple things that I mentioned above we have saved $823! One of my favorite bargain blogs devoted to baby gear is: http://babygoodbuys.com (Thanks to Grace!)
Do you have any other recommendations that share great deals?


11 comments:
awesome deals!!! i've never found anything that great on craigslist.
i like babycheapskate.com but it looks very similar to babygoodbuys. it shares the best diaper and wipes deals every week.
love all your deals, it feels so good to save that much money!
I browse babysteals.com and for clothes I always check out www.zulily.com
Wow Leah supershopper! Love, love, love that rocker, your crib and changing table, the swing and especially all the money you have saved. See you in two days!!
Don't you love getting great deals on stuff?!! The nursery looks so adorable!
LOVE the nursery so far! And those deals are awesome, good job!
babycheapskate.com and dealseekingmom.com are two good ones! i love craigslist too :) and don't forget to find the good consignment sales in your town- great for strollers & stuff! i'm so excited for you, emery will be here soon!
Amazing! Love the glider! :)
Your nursery is so pretty! And what awesome deals... thanks for sharing that website I'm definitely going to check it out! We're getting close!
Yeah! I'm so glad your onto Amazon Mom, its such a deal! Everything looks great, and I'm with you I'd much rather buy stuff clearanced or second hand and save the money for more important things.....like ice cream ;-)
Great job, Leah! Isn't saving money just addictive? I too recommend finding consignment sales in your area, and of course am a firm believer in craigslist too! Love ya!
Awww - Emery has such a pretty room!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!