I look forward to Valentines day every year. Kyle completely takes over and surprises me by cooking something amazing. (You can see what we did in 2010, 2009, and 2008/2007). We both wanted this year to be extra special, as it's our last Valentines Day before Emery is born. I didn't ask any questions and Kyle planned the most wonderful Valentines Day yet.
This past Saturday morning, Kyle's boss Tim stopped by our house to pick up Tyson... that was my first clue that we were doing something over night! Kyle graciously went to Babies R Us with me (as he knew I wouldn't be able to relax until this was checked off the list) and we used our 15% off coupon to buy the necessities that we still needed off of our registry (more on this in another post). Around 3:00 we packed our bags (Kyle told me what to bring) and headed out. He kept joking like "bring your passport we're headed on an Alaskan cruise-- I let him know that my doctor probably wouldn't like that idea ha). Before we got in the car he gave me a beautiful long stemmed rose to set the mood for our "love day" as we referred to it the entire time :)
I then saw how our GPS was leading us downtown, so Kyle caved and told me that we were headed to one of the nicest hotels in Atlanta... THE RITZ CARLTON! I have never stayed in one before, and was blown away by the beautiful flower arrangements and the customer service. UNBELIEVABLE!
Our room was beautiful. It's always such a treat for Kyle and I to sleep in a king sized bed and get to sleep in with no animals waking us up! Lately my "to-do" lists are a little out of control, so Kyle knew that for me to be able to sleep in, he had to take me away from the house. And he was completely right!
Kyle planned ahead and brought a cooler with Sparkling Grape Juice, Strawberrys, chocolate and other treats. What a sweetie!!
Once settled in our room, he told me our plan for the night. We had reservations at 6:00 for Morton's Steakhouse, which was right down the street. After dinner we were heading to Peter Pan, showing in the 360 Theater which is a traveling one set up right next to the Coke Museum, which was again right down the street. He also gave me a small part of a present that I'm going to receive after Emery is born. It's sentimental and I absolutely love it. We drank some of our sparkling grape juice and got dressed for dinner. This was our self timer photo from the night.
To say our meals at Morton's were amazing, is an understatement. We had filet sandwiches as an appetizer, Filet Oscar (me) and NY Strip (Kyle) with a side of mashed potatoes for dinner, and a NY cheesecake slice with carmel drizzled on top - flown in from the Bronx that morning - for dessert. We both waddled out of there as our bellies were STUFFED. Luckily I brought a huge purse that fit our leftovers in it, but Kyle kept laughing because I smelled like steak and potatoes the rest of the night.
Kyle had found the Peter Pan tickets on Craigslist, and we ended up sitting right next to the lady who he bought them from. That show was SO COOL, I would definitely recommend it. The seats completely surround the stage and the projection behind the seats make it seem like the characters are truly flying. It's hard to explain, Click here to watch the video.
Love downtown at night!
At intermission they had a "candy shop" where you could fill up a bucket with as much candy as could fit in there for a certain price. Needless to say Kyle and I bought that! We also tried to get a real picture but the camera was still set on self timer so we were laughing the entire time while the poor man waited for the camera to take a picture.
We walked back to our hotel and crashed. It had been a long day for sure! I slept so hard that I didn't even wake up once to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, now how is that for some deep sleep!Sunday morning we lazily woke up, and headed to breakfast. Kyle had purchased the package that included breakfast for the next morning, so that was a treat to be able to have another big meal! Before we got dressed though we had to take a picture in our robes. Silly as it may seem, Kyle and I love putting on the robes that hotels give you.
Here we are on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 2006:
Our checkout was at 12:00, so sadly we had to leave. One cool thing that I forgot to mention was that the entire Carolina Hurricanes Hockey team was staying at our hotel since they were playing the Thrashers that night. We saw them around the entire time, and even got to talk to one in the elevator which was cool.What an amazing Valentines Day celebration planned solely by Kyle to let me know how much he loves and appreciates me. I've never doubted his feelings for me, but I am so grateful to be married to a man that loves to show it in actions. Happy Valentines Day Ky!




19 comments:
such a perfect last valentines day as a family of 2!!! good job kyle, that was extra special! :)
What a sweet Valentines Weekend! The Ritz, Morton's, and Peter Pan! Fantastic! All I can say about the picture from your honeymoon and associated hand placement: hey..hey..Hey..Hay! HAY!!!! I believe that was well beyond our agreed to hand holding.. HA! Love you guys!!!
Wow, what a sweet Valentine's day! Kyle, you did an amazing job! What a perfect way to celebrate just the two of you before Emery comes!
What an amazing weekend! My husband is from Atlanta, as is most of his family and we love to visit as often as possible. I'll have to earmark that theater because it sounds great!
That looks like it was a lot of fun! :) What a great last Valentines Day with just the 2 of you! :)
What a great weekend! John and I are going away in 2 weeks for the weekend and I hope we have a s much fun as you guys did!
And I LOVE your robe pictures! So fun!
Looks like you both had so much fun! What a perfect Valentine's Day together before little Emery arrives! Way to go Kyle! I loved the robe pictures :) Y'all are just too cute!
Great job planning Kyle. Everything looked so fun. I love the robe pics!
Wow! What a romantic :)
How sweet! I love that in the first robe picture Kyle is totally groping your heiney!So funny!
HOW MUCH FUN! What an amazing weekend! Congratulations Kyle for making Leah feel so special!
Wow, I loved seeing the pictures from your special Valentine's Day night! Kyle, you really planned a special night that fit your wife to a tee! I loved the room, the dinner and the play idea! So cute!
PS. The robe pictures made me smile! Cute, cute!
Your Dad's comments always crack me up!! he must be hilarious! What a special time just the two of you, that was great thinking on Kyle's part, you guys are great together and are going to be fantastic parents!
what an amazing night for you both!! Girl that Kyle is a keeper ;). So glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's day.
Ha, I just laughed at your Dad's comment...he sounds like my Dad! :) Looks like you had a great time and what a wonderful hubby you have! Happy Valentine's Day!
what a romantic hubby. he is so good at the details! i love your striped sweater on the top of the post and the last two pics made me laugh out loud. so cute!
man i might have to switch teams for this guy, he seems like the real deal
pretty romanticooooooooooooooooo!
THis blog post has been so much fun to read! . Kyle, you are the best romantic surprise planner I know of. and Leah, I just love the robe pictures. I really had to laugh when I saw the second one. Love you guys so much!
Omg I am turning green! It looks like you had an amazing time - love all the pictures!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!