Thursday, February 3, 2011

8 Month Belly Shot & 35 week survey!

How Far Along: 35 weeks!
(Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.)

Size of baby: 20 inches long and weighs around 5.5 pounds (a honeydew melon)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1.5 pounds this week, so I'm up 25.5 pounds. I'm starting to feel pretty big.
Example A:

Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!  Emery Katherine!

Movement: All the time.  Still not kicking or punching, but rather constantly adjusting her position.  I did find out from the doctor this week that she thinks she's HEAD DOWN!  YEAH... I might have been a little worried about that one.  We'll find out more accurately in the next week or two.

What I miss: Being active and doing things outside... it's just too cold!

Sleep: Still sleeping great, most nights only waking up once.  Sometimes I wake up twice to go to the bathroom.

Symptoms: Left rib pain, and lower back pain.  I totally waddle when I'm tired at night, Kyle just laughs.

Notes: Doctors appointment went great this week. Emery's heartbeat was in the 140's, my blood pressure was back down and my tummy is measuring right on point.  My belly button is STILL an innie, and no stretch marks yet! No braxton hicks contractions yet or swelling either (unless you count the double chin- ha).  I did go to the dentist this week and have one tiny section of swelling in my gums.  I guess that's really common in pregnancy to have that and they were really happy with how well my gums are holding up.  PLUS no cavities, yes!

"To-do" items checked off our list: 

- Attended our child birthing class.  I would definitely recommend it, as we learned a lot of new techniques and focused on both of our roles during labor.
- Returned some extras to Babies R Us
- Ordered a side table for the lamp in Emery's room.  Last piece of furniture that was on our list to buy!
- Bathroom toilet, shower doors,vanity, baseboards and door trims are installed.  ALMOST done with the entire project!

Cravings: Chocolate, Birthday cake ice cream and baked cheetos.

Best Moments this week: Going to our childbirth class and learning all the different techniques for labor.  I was starting to get antsy about seeing the labor & delivery room, so I feel more prepared now after our tour!

What we are looking forward to:  
- My Georgia shower this weekend hosted by Jen, Lacey, and Mimi!  
- My mom is flying in town to spend the weekend with us as a birthday gift to her from all the family, I'm so excited!
- Finishing the basement bathroom project TONIGHT! 

I also have to show you all the pictures that my parents sent me last week, of when my mom went into labor with me.  I love all these pictures, and I think it's so special that they documented everything so well.

Mom, Dad, and Tara right before they headed to the hospital to have me! 
 My supportive daddy:
Mom walking off the contractions:
Dad listening to the heartbeat... look at that contraption!
Right after delivery. I feel like most people don't know what an umbilical cord looks like, so now you know!  It's pretty amazing everything it does.
For a 7 pound 13 ounce baby, I sure look big! 
Look at that scale!

 First day home:
Only 35 days till we have a little girl of our own!

24 comments:

TupeloLove said...

Leah! First of all, you look great. Second, how cool to see those pictures of your parents getting ready to welcome you to the world! That's amazing.

Lauren said...

That baby looks nothing like you. That is always so strange to me.

Lynsey said...

You look great. I know you are getting excited!! What a wonderful thing that your parents still had those pictures to share with you. Very special and something to treasure!

Mary Lindsey said...

i adore all of these pictures!!! Your mom is sooo beautiful - what a blessing to have such a beautifully documented birth! You look beautiful, too, and I think you and your mom carry babies similarly. Love you girl! Cant wait until Emery arrives!!

Sara said...

yayy!! good stuff all around!

love the pictures... you'll have similar ones soon! except, hopefully no scary metal contraptions haha. :)

Big EZ said...

I recognize those folks! I love these pictures..especially the one of us just leaving...notice Tara holding her blanket with her bag and baby doll by the front door ready to go next door and stay with Aunt Sandy. We love you kiddo and can't wait until little 'e' arrives. Have a wonderful weekend and shower! Love, Emery's Grandpa.

Drea said...

Those pictures of your mom/dad are amazing!!! how cool for you to have those...

isnt photography amazing?!

you look great btw!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Leah, I know I say this all the time but seriously, you look so great! And I love the pictures of you as a baby...soon you'll have your own baby girl to love on!

Tara said...

Oh how special to see all those pictures of your delivery! Mom and Dad always had a nice camera, and I think we can have Dad to thank for some of those awesome after-birth shots! How amazing that in just 25 years all the equipment has changed so much!!! And I just have to say that our mom is amazing that she labored/delivered all of us with NO PAIN MEDICINE!

It will not be too much longer and Emery will be here. So glad that Mom can be with you for your shower and girl's weekend starting tomorrow!!!! You do look so beautiful. Pregnancy looks good on you!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Mr. and Mrs. B and you as a baby! How cool!

Linda said...

It was so special for Daddy and I to look back on the day you were born. I look pretty miserable pacing those lonely hallways! All worth it...you were a healthy baby girl! You look beautiful and I can't wait to see you with Emery!

Mindy said...

Love the pictures. I went back today to read your 16 week survey (where i am), this is such a great way to remember everything! And ditto to all of the above...You look wonderful!

CarolinaCundiffs said...

I pretty much tuned out after reading you've only gained 25 pounds!! HA! Amazing picks of your family. So exciting that you are so close!

Holly said...

I love those pictures of your parents and Tara getting ready to welcome you into the world! How sweet! You are so cute!

You look great and I cannot wait to see Emery! You guys are soo close! :)

Rachel and John said...

You look fab! And I love that you HAVE those photos!! What a great thing to have for comparison.

Holly and Chris said...

Can't wait for your shower! :) Love the old school photos! And the new one...you look great 8 month pregnant! Excited for our girls to tummy bump this weekend!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

wow! those old family photos are amazing. i think i looked at each one of them about 10 times. they speak so many emotions. who took them? they are just so great. you are looking so beautiful too. they ONLY place you have gained any weight is in your tummy.

Mama Cass said...

leah, you look awesome and you are so close! thinking of you these next few weeks!

Jenn & David said...

oh gracious! Love these flashback photos. I agree, your momma looked wonderful as do you!

C. Deas ツ said...

Leah!! ALMOST THERE!!! I CANT WAIT!

..And you need to put a disclosure warning on these blogs, this caught me by surprise! Thanks! Management.

Are you gonna have live Ustream of you in the delivery room?

Graceandjoelroberts said...

You look GREAT! and how gorgeous is your Mom! Emery is going to be a pretty girl, I know you must be so excited. Here's to the longest and fastest 35 days of your life!! Can't wait to see pictures

Nick said...

looking great leahbeah, i had to laugh at all those oldschool photos, my my how things have changed!

I cant wait to meet her ;)

Heather Ritchie said...

Those family pictures are priceless! How special to have those pieces of your life documented for you. I'm excited for you and have enjoyed following you along your whole pregnancy. I can't wait to see the pictures of your own baby girl!

-heather

lindsey said...

what a special treasure to have those photos of yourself & family! your folks must have had a great camera- most photos from the 80's are so dark/flashed out! i agree with everyone, you do look fabulous- hope you are feeling just as good! as my OB said, we are both on the "frequent flier" plan now & almost there!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails