Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Georgia Shower!

Last Saturday, my best friends here in Georgia, Jen and Lacey, threw a shower for me!  We had the BEST time.  I am so blessed to have found such wonderful friends here.  Our good friend Taylor's mom, Mimi, graciously offered up her house for the shower, since Jen and Lacey do not live in Marietta.  She wouldn't take no for an answer, and we are so grateful!  Mimi to the rescue with her beautiful house!
The theme was "Cute as a Button" and all of their decorations were adorable.  Lacey designed the invites, food cards, game cards and banners-- all made with my favorite fonts!  She knows me well :)  At KA we have a whole "cute as a button" line of favors so they had those set out as well... too cute!!
Such a cute banner and all the gifts that everyone generously brought!
I told you all the banners were ADORABLE!  Just loved all the decorations!
Jen is the queen of cooking!  Everything she made was just delicious, and we enjoyed the left overs all weekend!  Fruit kabobs, pasta salad, hummus, buffalo chicken dip, chicken salad sandwiches, mini quiches, meatballs, sugar cookies, cupcakes and more.  It was all so good!
Jen's husband, David, even helped make the pink button cookies from scratch.  Cutest things ever and they tasted SO GOOD!
After finishing up our food and talking for a little bit, Lacey and Jen passed out the Celebrity Mom game!  We had to identify the celebrities that were/are expecting-- how creative is that?  It was so fun and hilarious to see the girls who are truly up on their pop trivia!!  I am so bad with names, so I would recognize the girls, say what movies/tv shows they've been in and then Stephanie and Kristen would remember their names.  We were a great team, but still lost to Holly the "know everything about celebrities" girl!
I was blown away by the gifts that everyone gave for Emery.  We received so many necessities off of our registry, as well as the most thoughtful handmade gifts.  Look at how cute that owl hat is (Gracyn had to model it for us!) that Jeanene made for Emery, and I love the hair bow holder from Jillian too!  Everyone played Baby Bingo while I was opening gifts too which was really fun!
I was so excited for my mom to meet all my girlfriends and finally get to put faces to all the names she's heard so much about!  Everyone is always in shock by how similar we talk and act.  AND of course we are matching in our black and red :)
We snapped a group picture at the end.  Thank you so much everyone for coming and supporting Kyle and I through this amazing journey.  We are so grateful for your friendships!
Lacey and Jen you guys are amazing, I am so thankful for all the hard work you put into the shower.  It was PERFECT! 

13 comments:

Sara said...

what a perfect shower, it was gorgeous!!! so glad your mom could enjoy it with you. :)

Kristin said...

What a great recap and such a wonderful shower! I enjoyed being there and seeing your pretty pregnant self :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

What a great shower! I love all the food and decorations. Jen and Lacey did a wonderful job!

Big EZ said...

What a great shower for you and little 'e'. I'm so glad that mom could make it and meet everyone. The food and decorations are just perfect. The 'button' theme is so creative. You can bet that my little Georgia grandchild will be as 'cute as a button'. Love my Beah.

Mrs. Werginz said...

Looks like a fabulous time!

Holly and Chris said...

Had a blast! It was a beautiful shower! Jen and Lacey were excellent hostesses! So glad you got a lot of needed items and cute things too! Not too long before Emery is here! :)

Erika Trevathan said...

Another beautiful shower!! You have certaintly been blessed with very generous friends and family! What fun it will be to put all that baby stuff to use!!!:)

Bonnie Widmaier said...

such a cute shower, so glad you mom could be there. i know she had a great time. i also love the bathroom. you and kyle did a GREAT job. doesnt it feel so good. such a sense of accomplishment :)

Meredith said...

How adorable! Your friends are so darn crafty!!

Tara said...

How fun! Great job, Jenn and Lacey! I loved the banners, the cupcake toppers, the food cards, the invites, the food, and those button cookies!!!! Adorable!!!

So happy that Mom could be down there for this shower. You both look so beautiful in your black, white and red :) Those are our family colors I think!!!

Love you!

Linda said...

What a fun time we had from start to finish. Mimi was so sweet to offer her beautiful home and I just loved meeting her and all the other Georgia girls. Jenn and Lacey did such an amazing job with the delicious food and 'cute as a button' decorations. And the gifts...just what you needed! So glad I could be there to share it with you.

Graceandjoelroberts said...

HOW CUTE! I love everything about the shower and you look Gorgeous! What a thoughtful group of friends you have and how special your Mom was able to share in it!

amy gb said...

How cute!! I would have loved to help out and be there if we still lived in ATL!!! Love you! GREAT JOB Jen and Lacy!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails