How Far Along: 22 weeks!
(At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.)
Size of baby: Spaghetti Squash (nearly 11 inches long, almost a pound!) *Although she's already over a pound since 2 weeks ago she was 14 ounces-- ahead of schedule!*
Size of baby: Spaghetti Squash (nearly 11 inches long, almost a pound!) *Although she's already over a pound since 2 weeks ago she was 14 ounces-- ahead of schedule!*
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 2 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I have officially gained 12 pounds. (I'm okay with this weight gain, just need to make sure I walk everyday and eat better so I'm doing everything I can to stay on track.)
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!
Movement: All the time, I really look forward to feeling her everyday. Kyle feels her all the time too, which I love. One day I lifted up my shirt and could see my stomach slightly bouncing from the outside when she moves/kicks... crazy! I still can't tell a pattern yet of when she's sleeping, but we do have one active girl for sure!
What I miss: A Jimmy John's COLD ham and cheese sandwich. They are my favorite. I've heated up the meat a couple times, but it's not exactly the same.
Sleep: Sleeping great. I wake up a lot in the night to just rearrange my body pillow and position, but I think it's just getting me ready to wake up for the baby!
Symptoms: Baby brain hasn't been TOO bad this week, Praise the Lord! Acid reflux has gotten progressively worse this week, but Zantac helps a little.
Other notes: Still no stretch marks and my belly button is opening up more every week but definitely still an "innie". I've always had such a deep belly button that I've never been able to see the bottom. Kyle said this week he could KIND OF see the bottom but it's still about an inch down there, so I'm confident my belly button will stay an "innie". I also am cold all the time still, haven't switched to being hot yet. And no swelling as of this point, except in my fingers. I am just wearing my wedding band these days as it's a half size larger than my engagement ring. OH and Kyle has learned to like coffee :) He thinks he'll need that caffeine boost in the near future-- haha

Cravings: Chex Mix (recipe post coming up tomorrow!) and a good Italian meal.
Best Moment this week: Spending a weekend in town. It was our last one until December 10th! We went to see "Life as we know it" on Friday, then Saturday cleaned and organized around the house. Our goal over the next couple weeks is to organize the office downstairs so we can start moving guest bedroom furniture down there!
What we are looking forward to: DATE NIGHT on Thursday!! Kyle has had this planned for a couple weeks now and I cannot WAIT! He finally spilled the beans to me -- we are eating at my favorite Italian spot downtown, FIGO, and then going to see a Broadway Show at the Fox! What did I do to deserve such an amazing husband?
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!
Movement: All the time, I really look forward to feeling her everyday. Kyle feels her all the time too, which I love. One day I lifted up my shirt and could see my stomach slightly bouncing from the outside when she moves/kicks... crazy! I still can't tell a pattern yet of when she's sleeping, but we do have one active girl for sure!
What I miss: A Jimmy John's COLD ham and cheese sandwich. They are my favorite. I've heated up the meat a couple times, but it's not exactly the same.
Sleep: Sleeping great. I wake up a lot in the night to just rearrange my body pillow and position, but I think it's just getting me ready to wake up for the baby!
Symptoms: Baby brain hasn't been TOO bad this week, Praise the Lord! Acid reflux has gotten progressively worse this week, but Zantac helps a little.
Other notes: Still no stretch marks and my belly button is opening up more every week but definitely still an "innie". I've always had such a deep belly button that I've never been able to see the bottom. Kyle said this week he could KIND OF see the bottom but it's still about an inch down there, so I'm confident my belly button will stay an "innie". I also am cold all the time still, haven't switched to being hot yet. And no swelling as of this point, except in my fingers. I am just wearing my wedding band these days as it's a half size larger than my engagement ring. OH and Kyle has learned to like coffee :) He thinks he'll need that caffeine boost in the near future-- haha

Cravings: Chex Mix (recipe post coming up tomorrow!) and a good Italian meal.
Best Moment this week: Spending a weekend in town. It was our last one until December 10th! We went to see "Life as we know it" on Friday, then Saturday cleaned and organized around the house. Our goal over the next couple weeks is to organize the office downstairs so we can start moving guest bedroom furniture down there!
What we are looking forward to: DATE NIGHT on Thursday!! Kyle has had this planned for a couple weeks now and I cannot WAIT! He finally spilled the beans to me -- we are eating at my favorite Italian spot downtown, FIGO, and then going to see a Broadway Show at the Fox! What did I do to deserve such an amazing husband?



20 comments:
Leah, you look great! I love reading all the stats. Have fun at date night!!
Love your update! I craved chex mix a few months ago! Can't wait for your recipe! And yes, you do have a sweet husband -- what a treat!
You look so cute! I love reading your updates!
That photo of Kyle with the coffee cup makes me laugh! Love your updates and you look great in photos and in person!
You look so cute in your belly shot!!! I can't believe Kyle spilled about Date night! :) Have fun tomorrow! And I'm glad you're craving chex mix- that was delicious, thanks for sharing!
I just love reading these updates to see what our granddaughter has been up to! So very thankful for a healthy baby and beautiful Mommy...you are just glowing!!! Can't wait to see you in just 2 days!
Look at that belly! You are darling. And I love that color on you.
You look fabulous!! I love that the hubby learned to "like" coffee...so funny!!
Leah, you look amazing! I miss our regular dates nights so much! With less than 20 weeks to go, you should go on one every week!!
woohoo! i wish i could like coffee! :)
love the pics. have an awesome date night tomorrow!!
i found your blog recently, and i love it! i'm also from raleigh and am currently at App State for grad school :) i'm looking forward to reading more!
I LOVE that sweater! You look great!
Such a fun update!!! You look great~ No worries about the weight gain: by this point with the Nats I was at 24 pounds and with the Sams I was at 40 pounds! So, 12 is nothing!!! You are glowing and she is healthy and active! Yay!!!
You look Awesome!! Enjoy the time of gaining, sounds likes you're perfectly heathly!!
I am so glad to see that you finally say you miss something. I am so proud.
You look soo good! You are so beautiful! Glad you're feeling so good too! :)
You look great! I love reading your updates. Have a great date night.
You look great Leah! I love reading your updates... so excited we're both having girls!
Wow! You have a cute little "bump"
This brings back memories :)
We know you must miss the Jimmy John's...it's Lauren's favorite place at college. We don't have it in California - which seems like it's probably a good thing!
Best Wishes, A.Kathy& U.Dave
you are SO BEAUTIFUL! love you, leahbeah and babybeah.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!