Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Books {new & old}

A couple weeks ago I randomly found the blog of Lichen Frank, a lady who I worked for on some weekends when we first moved to Georgia, helping arrange flowers for weddings.  It was so fun, and since I know nothing about flowers, I wished we were in town more so I could have kept doing it.  The main part of her business was designing all sorts of invitations for wedding and baby, and I loved seeing everything her team came up with. (IE wanted to work there one day!)

Anyways, I immediately became a follower of her blog and little did I know she was hosting a giveaway for one of her cute baby books... click here to visit her blog and here to visit her Blinkblots etsy shop!  A week later I got an email from Lichen letting me know that I had WON!!  The book is worth $70 and I am so excited to start filling this out.  She even lets you customized the fabric that it's covered in, but since we didn't know at that time if it was a girl or boy I chose one of her neutral fabrics!  It's celery green and white wood grain!  The inside is DESIGNED with modern fonts and creative layouts all on heavy card stock.. everything I adore :)

So without further ado here are some pictures our new baby book:
On another note, last time I was home my mom gave me my baby book.  My favorite part though is a 1983 year calendar that my mom filled out when pregnant with me.  I love comparing how far along I am with my mom and seeing what she was doing and feeling then!

Some interesting things that cracked me up were:
- My dad predicted that I was a boy based on how hard I kicked my mom.  (Like a punter he said)
- Some other names that my parents were considering naming me were: Lindsay Anne (if a girl) and Benjamin Jamies (if I was a boy).  
- She actually thought of "Leah Christine" one month before I was born!
- The foods my mom craved with me were: lobster, fried shrimp, ice cream, confectioners sugar donuts and watermelon.
- At 24 weeks my mom had gained 14.5 pounds, which is exactly what number I'll probably have gained next week.
- The day before my mom's water broke they got their carpet cleaned and went to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.
- My moms water broke at exactly 39 weeks when she was sleeping!  I wonder if our baby will come early too?!

And here are some pictures of the calendar:
The month that I was born:

Thanks mom for sharing this with me, I LOVE reading it!  So excited to start writing in our daughter's baby book!

7 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

Aw, I love this! So awesome that you have the book to share with your baby girl!

Linda said...

So glad you are enjoying reading what I wrote! Wish I had done more, but blogging wasn't invented yet...hehe! I totally forgot about the other names we were considering, except for Benjamin! The middle name Ann undoubtedly came from your Grandma Ann. Love your new baby book!

Mrs. Werginz said...

This entire post is awesome! Your new baby book is adorable and to have the one your mom filled out is so special!!

Sara said...

the new one is gorgeous!! and i love reading joe and i's old ones too... so cool to compare to where ethan is during different months.

crazy how soon the new baby book will be filled up!

Lacey said...

I LOVE your new baby book!! It is absolutely adorable! And I think it's so cool to be able to read your mom's baby book she made while she was pregnant with you! How special!

Tara said...

I'm so glad that you are doing a baby book!!! So many of my friends haven't done it, but it is something that I loved doing for all 4 of mine, and something that I look back to reference often! Mom also gave me my old baby book and I love reading what she wrote...30 years later:) Memories are fleeting, so what a joy to have things all written down! Cant' wait to see the baby book in person! Congrats for winning it!

TupeloLove said...

Leah, that's so cool! I LOVE that new baby book. So pretty!! And oh my....you KNOW I am here to help with any nursery projects or designs!! Eeeeek! So exciting!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails