Did I ever mention on here that we haven't had a washer and dryer for the past 3 weeks?
About a month ago Kyle's boss Tim told Kyle that he was getting a new washer and dryer. Our front-load washer had been leaking since we bought it, so Kyle immediately offered to buy Tim's set. To say we got a deal from Tim is an understatement... not only are Tim's w&d nicer, they don't leak AND they came with pedestals :)
Kyle sold our set within a day... he is the master at Craigslist! We ended up selling ours for $100 MORE than we bought Tim's set for... I told you it was a steal! The only snag was that Tim's new set was back ordered so we spent 3 weeks without a washer and dryer. It was a pain, but not a huge deal, as Chris and Kathleen and the Guenthers let us wash clothes at their house, thank heavens!!
So here is how our laundry room looked before with our white set that leaked:
And here is how it looks now with a much nicer gray set! They just barely fit underneath our cabinets, but the pedestals are such a treat... no more bending over and we have extra storage space in the drawers!
I have to give a HUGE thank you to Chris for helping Kyle move these into our house. The new washer was by far the heaviest thing they have ever moved, and at one point I thought it was going to come down the stairs and crush Chris!!


12 comments:
I love your new washer and dryer. Call me a dork but my dream is to own front loaders like that one day!! I seriously believe they would make doing laundry fun!
kyle is totally the craigslist master. glad you have a non-leaking set now!
Those look SUPER nice! Jealous!
It looks AWESOME! Crazy how much difference the gray makes, and the fact that you made money on it is pretty sweet!! Thanks for your FB message, hope you guys have a blast over Thanksgiving, if I were you I would do the same thing and not rent it either!
The look awesome! Love your new washer & dryer! Way to go Chris & Kyle, I can't believe they moved those upstairs!
BEAUTIFUL! I love them!! And so high too!
I'm so jealous of your pedestals! It looks great!
Those look great! We have front load washer and dryer and we love ours. We have the pedestals and Derek had to talk me into buying them b/c it would have made them much more expensive. but I am glad we got them. :) Hope you enjoy you beautiful new washer and dryer! :)
Oh, Leah! I'm so jealous! I want a front-loading washer and dryer on pedestals so bad!!!! These are beautiful and they look great in your laundry room!
Love your new washer and dryer! They look super nice!
Love your new washer and dryer! They look super nice!
Love them and the fact that everyone made it through the move without being crushed! Know you are thankful to be doing laundry at home again:).
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!