Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chex Mix Recipe!

I always crave home made Chex Mix during the winter months, but the craving has been undeniable now that I'm pregnant.  It is so easy to make, and since you have to buy 3 cereal boxes worth, you can make so many batches and even give some to friends!  Hope you enjoy!

Original Chex Party Mix
Ingredients:
6 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
1 cup Mixed Nuts
1 cup Pretzels
1 cup Garlic-flavored Bagel Chips, broken into 1-inch pieces

Directions:
Heat oven to 250.  Melt butter in large roasting pan in oven.  Stir in seasonings.  Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.  Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on paper towels to cool.  Store in airtight container.  Makes 12 cups.

We aren't huge nut fans, and I didn't feel like buying pretzels or bagel chips so I left those out of mine.  The liquid mixture doesn't look like much but just keep stirring your ingredients in and they'll get coated.  YUM!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Where did you get that original chex mix recipe? the back of the box? I know you too well. It's a little scary.

Big EZ said...

Grammy made a big batch of this every Christmas for us. It was just a standard part of out holiday time. She also made 'goof ball' cookies and old fashion sugar cookies. Each of us had our favorite snack and she would prepare it in advance of our homecoming. Chex Mix: what a wonderful holiday memory. We will definitly make a big bath this Christmas for us!!!!

Matt and Lindsey said...

that's so funny, i have been thinking about the chocolate coated powdered sugar kind (i think people call it puppy chow? haha) but now the salty kind sounds good too! might have to make both :)

Lacey said...

YUMMM! I'm excited to make this!

Jen said...

This will be great for homemade Christmas gifts that we do each year for Davids family!

Mrs. Werginz said...

Mmmm...I love home made chex mix! Now I want to make some!! haha

TupeloLove said...

YUM. I am going to have to try this!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails