How Far Along: 23 weeks!
(Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.)
Size of baby: A large mango! (11 inches long and over a pound in weight!)
Size of baby: A large mango! (11 inches long and over a pound in weight!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 pound this week. I have officially gained 13 pounds.
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!
Movement: ALL THE TIME. This week's newest movement this week was SOMERSAULTS! Craziest feeling ever! Kyle felt her move for 5 minutes straight the other night, BIG movements. She's becoming very active at night :)
What I miss: Nothing this week, trying to enjoy every second of this trimester!
Sleep: Sleeping great. Love it when it's cold in our house but warm under the covers! I also put on my sisters maternity pj's for the first time this week and they are the most comfortable things I've ever put on my body. It's going to be very hard for me to go back to normal pj's after this :)
Symptoms: Feeling great! The only thing Kyle's noticed this week are my mood swings :) But only after I wake up from naps... I am NOT a happy camper, feeling very groggy and really thirsty for the rest of the day. Acid reflux hasn't been as bad as last week either, thank heavens!
Notes: I make more lists now than I ever have. We are debating doing a big project in our house which I might share about next week if we decide to do it! Either way it's so exciting to have some projects to do around our house again. I think about them all day when I'm at work and can't wait to go home.
"To-do" items checked off our list: I mailed in my hospital application this week, and signed us up for birthing classes in January, which will be here before we know it! We also renewed our flex spending card and calculated around how much it will be for appointments, labor & delivery. It'll be nice to not have to pay a huge chunk of money once we have the baby, and instead have a small amount come out from Kyle's paycheck every month (all pre-tax yeah!). Lastly, we ordered our Graco car seat & stroller this week (takes a while to come in so you have to order way in advance)! After tons of debating we decided to go with a girly looking one that I have loved even before we knew the sex, the pattern is called "Zarafa". We couldn't find one gender neutral pattern that I liked (all of them look boyish), so we went with this one and if our next child is a boy we can just sell and probably make money since we got this through one of Ky's friends here in ATL with a hook-up! So excited!
Cravings: Warm hearty meals that fill me up!
Best Moment this week: Date night with Kyle and feeling G-Baby do somersaults! We also saw my family last weekend and I laughed till the point of crying numerous times. Love them :)
What we are looking forward to: Invitations went out this week, from my best friend Lauren, for my first shower in Charlotte, NC and I am so excited! I cannot wait to catch up with the ladies that can attend! We are also heading to Nashville this weekend for Kyle's half marathon, and are really looking forward to spending some time with Kerry (Kyle's sister) and her husband Brad!
And here is the belly shot in my new $6 Target dress!



5 comments:
Wow 23 weeks already! It was so good to pat that tummy this weekend and get to spend some time together in the mountains. So thankful she is active, growing and already tumbling...an athlete like her daddy, or maybe a dancer like her mommy! Love you and your new $6 Target dress!
so happy she's moving a lot, that is the most fun part!! way jealous you're getting good sleep too. i'm up 4 or 5 times a night!
Um..so... you win....1. Bigger belly 2. Much more efficient! We do not have a car seat, or a scheduled birthing class, or hospital application! You are on it, lady! What is this flex spending card? Is that something through Kyle or your benefits?
You look great! And I hear ya on going back to anything in "regular" fitting clothes, I love maternity clothes for their comfort! And love the car seat pattern! SO cute!
looking beautiful. love the dress.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!