Monday, November 22, 2010

Gator Bait!

Last Friday, Nick, Kyle and I drove down to Gainesville, FL for the Appalachian State vs. Florida football game!  My Aunt Sherry (my dad's sister) & Uncle Bob live there and are season ticket holders for the Gators, so they were able to get us tickets to the game!

Saturday morning started off with Uncle Bob giving Kyle coffee in a Gator cup.  As you can see below Ky wasn't happy about drinking out of that!  We then headed to the stadium since the game started at 12:30.
I have never been in such a big stadium before, it was HUGE!  It was senior day so they introduced all the Gator seniors and gave them flowers.  It was really cool to hear all the fans scream for their favorite players and be so involved in the entire game.  I've never heard fans that dedicated to sing every song the band played WITH hand motions!  We all decided being a gator fan is a way of life for sure.
Unfortunately App couldn't hold a candle to the Gators... and got KILLED! (48 to 10).  The next day the paper said that we were the "APP-etizer", pretty creative in my opinion!  We still had a wonderful time though being at the game and watching our players go up against one of the biggest teams there is!  Thank you so much again Aunt Sherry and Uncle Bob for getting us tickets and letting us come to a game IN THE SWAMP!

12 comments:

Lynsey said...

Glad you guys had fun even though our boys got killed.

Lauren said...

What a great picture of you, Kyle, and Nick! Hope the weekend was great!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

How fun!! You are so cute pregnant!! Looks like a great time!

Sara said...

looks like a cool experience! hard to see your team lose, i'm sure though. glad you got to take the trip!

Jenn & David said...

even though the outcome wasn't like you had hoped that is still a great opportunity to go to see a SEC team! Glad you all had so much fun!

Lacey said...

Love your pics!! You look so cute! :) It looks like such a fun weekend!

Grandma said...

Of course, I was rooting for the Mountaineers, as we Noles are such rivals, and am sorry you lost. I don't know if I could have enjoyed that coffee in that mug either, Kyle! Glad you had a good time down there in Gator country. Looking forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving.

Linda said...

It's a wonder you weren't mugged in that sea of blue and orange!Would rather it have been garnet and gold! Glad you got to see Aunt Sherry and Uncle Bobby and experience The Swamp...sorry the outcome wasn't better for the Mountaineers!

Jen said...

I see the little section of App people! That stadium is huge and you didn't lose too terribly bad.

Tara said...

So glad that you got to experience this! Love the picture of you, Kyle and NIck:)

Kristin said...

Haha GO APP STATE! I still love them from beating Michigan a few years ago. And I do NOT like Florida! So Go App State, hahah! :)

Holly and Chris said...

As you know, being a serious Bama fan...we are not fond of the Gators! So I would glady support App State! Didn't you get tired of the Gator Bait taunting... ugh. I assure you if you ever play Bama we are much more classy! :)

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails