Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Date Night!

*Warning all the photos in this post are blurry and just plain bad... but it documents the night so I'm posting them!*

Last Thursday, Kyle and I went out for a long overdue date night!  Kyle had been planning it for a couple weeks, and I was so excited to find out what we were doing!  Our first stop was to FIGO, our favorite Italian restaurant downtown.  I have been craving Italian for so long now, and it was well worth the wait.  We ordered our favorite fried mozzarella for an appetizer and talked for a while.  I managed to spill water all over my lap and we laughed at that for a while. 
Next were our entrees!  We both ordered ravioli; mine were stuffed with 6 different cheeses, and Ky's were stuffed with Crab meat.  Both were amazing, but next time we'll just go with the 6 cheese.  While we were halving our meals and transferring them onto each others plates, Kyle dropped an entire ravioli completely into his drink turning it a lovely red color.  His face was priceless and I was crying I was laughing so hard.  GOOD THING we weren't on our first date, as both of us completely lost our cool points during dinner.
Next was driving to the famous FOX theatre!! I was so excited as I've never been there before, and I've heard so much about it.  It's as amazing as everyone talks about, the character in that place is awesome.
Normally Broadway tickets are too expensive for us, but Ky found discount tickets on Craigslist for WHITE CHRISTMAS, one of my all time favorite musicals.  I watch it every year and know all the songs.  It was plenty cold outside so it sure did feel like Christmas :)

The inside is unbelievable and our seats were so close directly in the middle of the stage.  Here is the view from our seats:
There was an entire row of short, older ladies behind us, so Kyle and I sat the entire first act completely scrunched down in our seats to not block their views.  I also sat behind a very tall college student who repositioned his head every 5 seconds.  We voted to sit upstairs the second half to get a new view :)

Since it wasn't crowded we were able to find great seats upstairs.  The ceiling in this place is unbelievable. It's a blue sky with clouds actually moving.  It lights up everything just enough so you can see if you have to leave during the show.
And another picture of our view from upstairs:
At the end of the date I realized we had not taken one picture of ourselves.  Unfortunately it was almost pitch dark and took a while to actually flash so this picture is horrible.  Either way it documents our date!
Thank you Ky for planning such a fun date night, it was perfect... spilled ravioli and all :)  I don't know how I'm ever going to top this one!!  Love you!

10 comments:

Lynsey said...

What a fun date! Kyle did a good job. Your meal sounds delicious!

TupeloLove said...

Awesome! Is that the little theater in Marietta that you've been waiting to open? Such a fun night, good job Kyle!

leah said...

Hey Molly! It's actually a much bigger one that's in downtown Atlanta. Traveling Broadway shows never come to the one off the Marietta square, so this was definitely a treat!

Lacey said...

Looks like such a fun date night!!! Great job Kyle! :) I still need to go to Figo, it sounds so good!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great date night. So glad you got to go to the fox. It really is a fun place!

Anonymous said...

I literally loled when I read "Good thing we were not on our first date because we both lost our cool points at dinner" I'm so glad you guys had such a great time!

lindsey said...

it's not that bad- at least you have a picture right? i always feel that way on our anniversaries, we always have some terrible self-photo. we need to find one of those fun photo booth places! :)

Sara said...

very cool theater! awesome date!!

Tara said...

What a fun night! You always have loved White Christmas, so that was a great pick on Kyle's part!!!

PS. I had to laugh at all the "date-goofs" that happened at dinner. Those seem to happen to us all the time, and we just look at each other and say, "Good thing we're married!" Hahaha!

the girl in the red shoes said...

What a fun date! I love White Christmas too and have to watch it every year!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails