Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010!

Kyle and I started decorating for Halloween a little late this year, but better late than never!  We only decorated our dining room as it's minimal cleanup afterwords!  Cute table cloth, spider webbed light and a couple candles did the trick...
We also carved a pumpkin together.  We chose an owl drawing to carve out... here is the one picture that I took of it with my iphone.
Sunday afternoon we went outside to light the candle in our pumpkin, and it was no where to be found.  I asked Kyle if he had moved it for some reason, and he immediately said "uh oh" looking over at the field next to our house.  This is what we saw...
To say I was mad is a huge understatement.  I have no clue what possesses someone to vandalize but that's exactly what happened to our cute little pumpkin... stolen from right off our front porch and torn to pieces only a couple feet away.  I seriously wanted to turn out all the lights, close the blinds and not participate in giving candy away to the kids that did this.... but Kyle didn't think that was right to punish every kid for one persons mistake.
Well I got my way in the end because we didn't even have ONE SINGLE TRICK-OR-TREATER!!!

Saturday night though we really did have a great time at my friend, Jen's, party.  Her and her husband David went all out this year and didn't forget any details!  Look at how cute their outfits were, as the Chiquita Girl and a Banana!

Here is all the food that they had prepared!  It was all so delicious, YUM!
Kyle and I totally procrastinated on our costumes until the day of the party.  LUCKILY my friend, Holly, at work had made a "Bun in the Oven" costume and wasn't going to use it over the weekend, so we snagged that!  Kyle found a cheap hat & jacket and soon became the Baker.  Such a cliche costume for us, but it worked!

The only snag with the costume was that the box was HUGE... like can only fit in an SUV huge.  I couldn't even touch my fingers together in front of me, so eating or drinking was completely out!  The "oven" didn't stay on for long, but at least I found if I bent down I could completely hide inside of it!

Lacey and Brooke from work went to the party too, so we had to get a work picture!

Brooke brought her 4 month old baby Madeline for a little bit, she was so cute!
At the end of the night we all voted for best female and male costumes.  Waldo won for male (we made him get in the back of almost every picture that night) and Lacey won for female!
A very fun night for sure, thanks again Jen & David for inviting us!

5 comments:

C. Deas ツ said...

hahah, Love the costume leahbeah! I know you must have been really upset about that pumpkin'! Don't take it out on the KIDS! :) We'll find whoever did it. LOL

Jen said...

So glad you guys could come. I'm so upset about your pumpkin. Why do these "kids" take Halloween decorations and smash pumpkins!

Mindy said...

I wondered when the pumpkin fiasco was going to make a debut on the blog :-).

Sara said...

poor owl pumpkin. :(

how convenient you could borrow an oven for your bun! i think its been like 7 years since i've dressed up for halloween... that is pitiful.

Tara said...

Seeing the pumpkin debris made me so sad!!! It was so cute while it lasted!

PS. Love the Baker/Oven combo! So cute!!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails