How Far Along: 24 weeks!
(Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.)
Size of baby: An ear of corn! (Almost a foot long and about 1.4 lbs in weight!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 pound this week. Total, I have gained 14 pounds. (As I predicted I have gained the exact amount of weight my mom did at this point carrying me!)
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! We have officially decided on her name too, but are most likely not sharing until she's born! (We'll see how strong we are at keeping that claim!)
Movement: All the time and still loving it!
What I miss: This week a frozen margarita sounded really good to go with Mexican!
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good, probably only wake up once a night to go to the bathroom. I do wish I could sleep on my tummy or back though, as I toss and turn a lot!
Symptoms: Stuffy nose every morning, some acid reflux and tight back muscles. 2 nights ago, I had my first foot cramp where my toes flexed down and looked like they were possessed- ha. Kyle rubbed it out very quickly for me though, thankfully! I count myself as lucky to just have had my first leg/foot cramp!
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! We have officially decided on her name too, but are most likely not sharing until she's born! (We'll see how strong we are at keeping that claim!)
Movement: All the time and still loving it!
What I miss: This week a frozen margarita sounded really good to go with Mexican!
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good, probably only wake up once a night to go to the bathroom. I do wish I could sleep on my tummy or back though, as I toss and turn a lot!
Symptoms: Stuffy nose every morning, some acid reflux and tight back muscles. 2 nights ago, I had my first foot cramp where my toes flexed down and looked like they were possessed- ha. Kyle rubbed it out very quickly for me though, thankfully! I count myself as lucky to just have had my first leg/foot cramp!
Notes: No stretch marks, still applying the lotion and tummy butter every morning! No swelling and my wedding band still fits! I read in one of my books that you might be able to hear the heartbeat from the outside of my tummy so Kyle tried it over the weekend! It worked, and was so cool for him to hear her heart pumping away!!
"To-do" items checked off our list: We have been working in our basement every night trying to reorganize the office into our guest bedroom. (I am what Kyle likes to call "an emotional hoarder" for an example I kept every single card we were giving at our wedding, along with all the extra bubbles, programs, rsvps and invitation scraps.). I threw so much stuff away, and we have huge piles for Craigslist and Good Will. Kyle has started measuring out the attic to put down flooring for more storage space. We also had a professional come out and quote our plan for the basement. Looks like it's a go (YAY!), I'll post about this soon!
Cravings: Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes!
Best Moment this week: Without a doubt, watching Kyle run to the finish line of his first half marathon!
What we are looking forward to: Our doctors appointment this coming Tuesday and seeing our baby girl again! We will get another ultrasound to double check the placenta insertion and the blood vessel in her brain that looked a little large. Please pray that they do not find any abnormalities and that our baby is still growing perfectly!
Best Moment this week: Without a doubt, watching Kyle run to the finish line of his first half marathon!
What we are looking forward to: Our doctors appointment this coming Tuesday and seeing our baby girl again! We will get another ultrasound to double check the placenta insertion and the blood vessel in her brain that looked a little large. Please pray that they do not find any abnormalities and that our baby is still growing perfectly!

13 comments:
can't wait to hear about the basement project! glad you're feeling good and have chosen a name! fun fun stuff!
Praying for you and your baby girl! I'm so excited that you picked out a name!
Alot of progress this week with your project, a name and Kyle being able to hear the heartbeat...wow! So neat to hear that we both gained the same amount of weight at this point. As always, much to celebrate and so much to look forward to! Will be praying for that doctor's appointment tomorrow for sure! Love you!
Natalie says, "I love you Aunt Leah!"
So does Nathan!!!!
We are so excited that you are doing so well with your pregnancy and that you have decided on a name!!!! I saw something that was personalized yesterday that I have to get you!!!! And I will be praying for your appt tomorrow that everything goes great!
Love you so much!
Praying for you and Baby Girl G at your appt tomorrow!
Aww, I hope everything goes well at the OB! Cannot wait to hear the name too!!
You have a name?! Yay!!!! And I can't wait to hear what the basement project is either!
so...I am so glad to finally see that you miss a margarita. Thata girl. The truth comes out. And I'm not starting zofran at 4 months.
OH and that is from Lauren, not marr, I'm on his computer at work. haha
So excited that baby girl is a foot long and that you have picked out her name. I hope you can't hold out too long on sharing lol! I'm excited about your basement project and am glad I can make you mashed potatoes for friday!
6 months wow! I am so happy you are having such a great pregnancy! Maybe you could share the names you didn't pick (for us nosy folks) :-)
Can't wait to find out the name! So excited for you guys!
Margaritas and potatoes - your first meal after the baby arrives??
Congratulations to Kyle (and Kerry & Brad) for their ambitious run. You won't be seeing any of us doing that out here! At least not 13 miles!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!