Friday, November 12, 2010

Visiting Grammy & Pop Pop in Black Mountain!

Last weekend, Kyle and I traveled up to my grandparents house (on Dad's side) in Black Mountain, NC (I've posted about it before here).  We met my mom, dad, brother and Grandma up there too so it was a really fun weekend catching up with everyone.  My Pop-Pop always has a long list of projects for the guys to complete for him, so Nick and Kyle were outside all day Saturday with chainsaws cutting firewood.
My dad would normally be heading up the chainsaw activity outside, but had to take it easy this year as we are focusing on him being cancer free and healing that sacrum so he can sit!  We were able to walk some laps around the driveway and talk for a while though, which I loved.
Here's a picture of my mom and dad with their moms.  I love that Grandma came up with us all to enjoy the beautiful fall weather!
Unbelievably there were still leaves on some of the trees up there!
On Sunday, Kyle wanted to practice shooting so Pop Pop got one of his guns and they went down to shoot at targets.  Nick, Grandma, Mom and I all gave it a try too! First time Mom and I have ever shot a gun before!
And I have to share this last one... remember how I said I married someone just like my brother... here is proof. Tara-- I know Jamie would be doing the exact same thing if he was in this photo too. haha
It's truly a different world up there, but it's so great to get away and relax with family!!

9 comments:

Sara said...

love pop-pop shooting with one hand! so adorable. glad you were able to relax with your fam!

Tara said...

So glad that you were able to go!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!!! And you are totally right: Jamie would have been making a face too! (I think the guys had made a pact that whenever we took a picture at the dinner table they were going to do this! AAGH! What are we going to do with them?) Love ya!

Lacey said...

Looks like such a fun and relaxing family weekend! I love the picture of you and your dad! And I can't believe everyone practiced shooting a gun, I loved everyone's gun poses- your mom and Pop Pop look like pros! Oh and that last picture had me laughing out loud! Glad you had such a great weekend!

the girl in the red shoes said...

The last photo cracked me up! So glad you got to enjoy the pretty fall colors with family!

Linda said...

Still can't believe you and I actually fired a gun (and you fired two guns!!) Have we opened a door here? Great recap of the weekend and thanks so much for taking yet another road trip to meet us and see your grandparents!
I totally didn't know the boys were making those faces!!

bev said...

It looks like you have a wonderful family....and your baby will have great-grandparents! You are so blessed.

(from Julie's mom!)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictues of everyone shooting guns! That is too funny!

Jen said...

Love the post. Looks like you all had a great time. The shooting photo and the last photo are hilarious! David would be doing the same thing in the photo.

Kathy and Dave said...

Some of my best memories are of going to my Gramma's house so my Dad could do things around her house (hanging storm windows, cleaning, climbing ladders etc.) I'm showing this to Kevin and Drew because someday their Dad will need their "muscle" to get things done.

Very, very nice family memory...

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails